RTA Guide/Shifting Sand Land
|Shifting Sand Land|
|Coins||86 ( ×55 • ×8 • ×3)|
|Enemy Coins||50 ( ×30 • ×4)|
Shifting Sand Land is the eighth course. The entrance is disguised as a wall and can be accessed from the end of the hallway left of the painting leading to Lethal Lava Land.
- Inside the Ancient Pyramid
- Stand Tall on the Four Pillars
- In the Talons of the Big Bird
- Free Flying for 8 Red Coins
- Pyramid Puzzle + 100 Coins
- Shining atop the Pyramid
70 Star (Expert)
Star Select Info
There are three versions of the course that can appear by selecting different stars. Keep in mind that if there are any blue stars (uncollected) present in the star selection menu, then the last version that can be selected is the first blue star and not the stars after it:
- Act 1: Klepto: Accessed by selecting Star 1. Klepto holds a star.
- Act 2: No Tornadoes: Accessed by selecting Star 2 or Star 3, but only after completing In the Talons of the Big Bird. Klepto does not hold a star, while there are no extra tornadoes in the course.
- Act 3: Torandoes: Accessed by selecting Star 4 through Star 6. Extra tornadoes will appear in certain quicksand areas.
- Star order may vary depending on preferences. What's important to know is that it's preferable to select stars 2 or 3 for 100 coin to avoid the tornadoes. The simplest way to to do this is to save the 2nd star, Shining atop the Pyramid, for last.