RTA Guide/Jolly Roger Bay
|Jolly Roger Bay
|101 ( ×55 • ×8 • ×6)
|3 ( ×3)
Jolly Roger Bay is the third course in the game. It can be accessed from the painting in the rightmost room of the first floor of Princess Peach's castle. The door leading to it requires at least 3 Power Stars to be opened without a lobby BLJ.
- Plunder in the Sunken Ship
- Through the Jet Stream
- Red Coins on the Ship Afloat + 100 Coins
- Blast to the Stone Pillar
- Treasure of the Ocean Cave
- Can the Eel Come out to Play?
Star Select Info
There are three versions of the course that can appear by selecting different stars. Keep in mind that if there are any blue stars (uncollected) present in the star selection menu, then the last version that can be selected is the first blue star and not the stars after it.
- Act 1: Sunken Ship: Accessed by selecting Star 1. The ship is sunken under water, and the eel will be hiding in it. Additionally, there will be fog above the water in this version.
- Act 2: Surfaced Ship: Accessed by selecting Star 2. The ship is floating at the surface of the water, and the eel is relocated at a hole. Bob-omb Buddy is available to talk to, allowing the cannon to be unlocked. Star 2 and 6 are also now collectable.
- Act 3: Swimming Eel : Accessed by selecting Star 3 through Star 6 only after collecting Can the Eel Come out to Play?. This is version 2, with the exception that the eel will always be swimming around, without a star on its tail. It should be avoided in RTA as the eel will cause the game to lag.
- In order to collect Red Coins on the Ship Afloat + 100 Coins, Through the Jet Stream or Can the Eel Come out to Play?, you must first collect Plunder in the Sunken Ship.
- In order to collect Blast to the Stone Pillar, you must first open the cannon in Red Coins on the Ship Afloat + 100 Coins. (Alternative cannonless strats such as framewalking or ship double long jump are also possible.)