RTA Guide/Fall onto the Caged Island
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Fall onto the Caged Island|
|RTA World Record||10.93|
|Single Star World Record||9.97|
Fall onto the Caged Island is the fifth mission in Whomp's Fortress.
- You must select stars 3-6 after completing stars 1 and 2 to spawn the owl.
- Momentum is stored and reversed when you jump onto the owl, so try to land at the spot shown in the video and jump directly up without touching the analog stick.
- Turn on the tree by holding right for a little bit before jumping out.
- Select Star 1 to avoid tower lag and/or spawning the owl.
Movement to Island
Some people find the wallclip setup makes the spacing easier for the fence clip.
- Beginner: No camera change, hold up-left for fence clip. Hold slightly up after landing on the spinning platform to do a slow turn.
- Advanced: When implementing the quick turn on the island, it's highly recommended that you perform the camera changes (2 C-Rights and 1 C-Up) before rolling out on the island. This will give you more time to prepare for the quick turn and allow you to hold A before you land so you can begin the triple jump with a buffered kick.
Double Jump Owlless
Advanced strategy that wallkicks from a double jump rather than a triple jump.