RTA Guide/Whomp's Fortress
|Coins||106 ( ×70 • ×8 • ×4)|
|Enemy Coins||35 ( ×20 • ×3)|
Whomp's Fortress is the second course but is often completed first in speedruns. It can be accessed from the painting in the room located on the right side of the lower first floor of Princess Peach's castle. One power star is needed to access it without a lobby BLJ.
120 and 70 Route
- Blast Away the Wall
- Fall onto the Caged Island (see Note 1)
- Red Coins on the Floating Isle + 100 Coins
- Shoot into the Wild Blue
- Chip Off Whomp's Block
- To the Top of the Fortress (see Note 2)
- If you aren't doing Owlless, then move Fall onto the Caged Island to the end. This will ensure you don't spawn the owl for when doing any other stars.
- If collecting every star, make sure to do Chip Off Whomp's Block second to last and To the Top of the Fortress last. This will minimize the lag experienced from the fortress and also prevent the owl in the tree from getting in your way.
Star Select Info
There are three acts of the course that can appear by selecting different stars. Keep in mind that if there are any blue stars (uncollected) present in the star selection menu, then the last version that can be selected is the first blue star and not the stars after it:
- Act 1 - King Whomp: Accessed by selecting Star 1. This version contains King Whomp at the top of the course.
- Act 2 - Tower: Accessed by selecting Star 2. This version contains a fortress built on top of the course.
- Act 3 - Owl and Bob-omb Buddy: Accessed by selecting Star 3 through Star 6, but only after completing Chip Off Whomp's Block and To the Top of the Fortress. The Bob-omb buddy is present to open the cannon, and an owl can be summoned from the tree near the starting point. The fortress is still present.