Tall, Tall Mountain
|Tall, Tall Mountain|
|Coins||111 ( ×80 • ×8 • ×3)|
|Enemy Coins||26 ( ×26)|
Tall, Tall Mountain is the 12th course in Super Mario 64. It can be accessed by going upstairs and going to the small painting of mushrooms. Since it is found upstairs, the bare minimum requirement to reach it is the key from Bowser in the Fire Sea, so 31 Stars are normally required to get to it (without the use of game-breaking glitches).
- Version 1: When Star 1 is selected, the Scale the Mountain star will be present
- Version 2: When Star 2 is selected, ukiki will be at the top of the mountain and there will be a cage with a star
- Version 3: When Star 3-6 is selected, neither the Scale the Mountain star nor the cage will be present.
There are a total of 137 coins in the course. When you clone coins using a bob-omb, each clone takes up a slot in memory that cannot be removed. However, if you go into the slide, and then exit out of the slide, the clones are gone, allowing the player to collect 999 coins.
|47 yellow coins on the slide (one is hidden at the very start)||47|
|Ring of coins at start, down the path by the crazy box||8|
|Line of coins on bridge from Chuckya to bob-omb buddy||5|
|Line of coins by moles, when you hang down from the leaves||5|
|Line of coins by entrance to slide||5|
|Vertical line of coins by ! switch near top of mountain||5|
|Line of coins on rock bridge, beside waterfall, near the very top||5|
|1 Crazy Box||5|
|1 Fly Guy||2|
|8 Red Coins||16|
|3 blue coins on the slide||15|
Mountain Clip Glitch
By holding up at the beginning of the level, and Long Jumping past the water, you'll get onto a steep slope on the mountain. Immediately hold up-right on the analog stick and press B. You'll clip through the slope into an area with some water. (To see this, press C-Left twice.) Swim forwards and swim towards the corner of the water. Swim off of it, and you'll teleport upwards to a higher part of the mountain. Speedrunners use this to skip past a long part of the mountain.
A Press Counts
In the A Button Challenge, it takes no A Presses to collect all seven stars.
Entering Tall, Tall Mountain (0x)
Similar to The Princess's Secret Slide, the painting can be entered with a precise dive recover.
Scale the Mountain (0x)
This star is normally collected 0x by luring or cloning a Goomba, but recently a faster strat involving fly guy manipulation was discovered. This strategy does not modify the HOLP, so it is viable for the any% route involving a faster HOLP for BitS.
Mystery of the Monkey Cage (0x)
Scary 'Shrooms, Red Coins (0x)
The star is mostly trivial due to frame walking.
Mysterious Mountainside (0x)
Breathtaking View from Bridge (0x)
Blast to the Lonely Mushroom (0x)
- "TTM Scale the Mountain 0x using Fly Guy" by UncommentatedPannen
- "SM64 - Mystery of the Monkey Cage - 0x A Presses" by pannenkoek2012
- "SM64 - Scary 'Shrooms, Red Coins - 0x A Presses" by pannenkoek2012
- "SM64 - Mysterious Mountainside - 0x A Presses" by pannenkoek2012
- "SM64 - Breathtaking View from Bridge - 0x A Presses" by pannenkoek2012
- "SM64 - Blast to the Lonely Mushroom - 0x A Presses" by pannenkoek2012
- "SM64 - Tall, Tall Mountain 100 Coins - 0x A Presses" by pannenkoek2012