|Official Name||secJump (Second Jump)|
|Action Flags||Air, Allow Vertical Wind Action, Control Jump Height|
|Out of||Single Jump Land, Sideflip Land, Freefall Land|
A double jump is an action that typically follows an earlier jump with more height. Specifically, a double jump can be entered by pressing A while in:
As with all airborne actions, a variety of "cancels" are checked prior to actually performing the jump action. These checks are as follows:
- Water - If Mario's height is lower than 100 units below the water height, the action is transitioned into the water plunge action.
- Squish - If Mario is supposed to be squished, his action is changed to the squished action.
- Vertical Wind- If Mario is above a vertical wind floor, his action is changed to the vertical wind action. (This is due to the jump action having the "Allow Vertical Wind Action" flag.)
At this point, two more things happen prior to the jump action:
- Mario's quicksand depth is set to 0.
- Mario plays a falling noise if he has fallen more than 1150 units from his peak.
With the jump action occurring, the following happens:
- Mario's vertical speed is set to .
- If Mario's vertical speed is not negative, his animation is set to the double jump rising animation. Otherwise, it is set to the double jump falling animation.
- If the B button is pressed, Mario will either enter the dive action if his speed is greater than 28 or the jump kick action otherwise. This stops the double jump action.
- If the Z button is pressed, Mario will enter the ground pound action. This stops the double jump action.
- Mario performs the other noises for the jump.
- Now, Mario performs the quarter-frame movement via a full common air step. The landing action is a double jump land action and the check has both the "Check Ledge Grab" and "Check Hang" flags.