Difference between revisions of "Softlock"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Nice mentioning the state twice)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
A '''softlock''' occurs when the game is put into a state where, though it has not [[Crash|crashed]] or ceased functioning,
A '''softlock''' occurs when the game is put into a state where, though it has not [[Crash|crashed]] or ceased functioning, from which there is no way to exit without resetting the console.
Revision as of 19:25, 13 March 2019
A softlock occurs when the game is put into a state where, though it has not crashed or ceased functioning, from which there is no way to exit without resetting the console.
- Repeatedly bonking within a glitchy wall
- Getting stuck in some Black Room of Death
- Activating a death, star, sign text, or painting entrance cutscene at the same time as a specific type of star activation cutscene (mainly item box stars)
- Being grabbed by Heave-Ho or Chuckya while releasing its clone 
- Being grabbed by Chuckya while in Time Stop
- Being thrown by a Heave-Ho while underwater
- Being grabbed by Chuckya the same frame he dies or being grabbed in midair and having Chuckya unload
- Collecting a star in vertical wind 
- Activating a star in a PU
- Talking to Yoshi while your lives counter is stuck (i.e. while having 1000 coins on the Japanese version)
- Talking to Yoshi while falling off the roof
- Dying when Lakitu's textbox is triggered at the start of the game (this is exclusive to the Japanese 1.0 version).
- Activating certain text boxes while the camera is stuck
- Being thrown by Chuckya while holding a handsfree teleported bloated bob-omb
- Going into a tornado while permanently squished