Can the Eel Come out to Play?
|Can the Eel Come out to Play?|
|Height Above Ground||1011.215|
|TAS World Record||24.53|
|RTA World Record||31.49 (30.90 IGT)|
- For a tutorial on speedrunning this star, see the RTA Guide
Can the Eel Come out to Play? is the second mission of Jolly Roger Bay. The star is located on Unagi's tail, and can be collected by luring him outside his hole. This star only appears in the 2nd mission.
Mario heads to the Metal Cap box, then does a long jump which breaks it, and does a wall kick dive to collect the star while moving in the opposite direction. Once he recoveres, he quickly turns and does a BLJ below the rock. He gets 8 jumps under the rock plus 2 extra pause jumps on the beach slope. Once he reaches the wall, his next intended position becomes out of bounds, so Mario stays still. He rotates to move his next position back in bounds and moves along the edge of the wall into the water. The last frame on land is in the rock next to the water. This allows for Mario to move the maximum distance before entering the water, which quarters his speed. On the 2nd frame in the water, Mario snaps to the surface. As he moves he rotates so that he weaves between the pillars, landing on the back of the middle pillar. This snaps Mario onto the slope, causing it to reduce Mario's speed, hence making him move down the edge of the deep area. Half way down Mario snaps free from the floor, making him fall. He moves across the course to a steep surface above the eel. This makes it move out. Mario jumps and collects the star when it appears.
|Date||Time||Improvement (Frames)||Improvement Author(s)||Save Description/Notes|
|25.43||ReneBalow||(Run has been lost)|
|Feb 11, 2010||25.36 ||2||sonicpacker|
|May 2, 2012||24.60 ||19||Mickey/VIS||Video is private|
|Nov 25, 2012||24.57 ||1||120 Star TAS Production Committee||From the 2012 120 Star TAS|
|Apr 21, 2018||24.53 ||1||Bloopiero, Mickey/VIS|
- "Star Heights" by uncommentatedpannen
- "Can the Eel Come Out to Play? 31"49" by akira0607 2nd
- "[TAS] Can the Eel Come Out to Play? in 0x A Presses - 50"35" by conor mcmahon speedrun
- SM64 ABZ Button Challenge PAL
- "Super Mario 64 - Can the Eel Come Out to Play - 25"36 (TAS)" by sonicpacker
- Mickey's private video on Nicovideo
- Can the Eel Come out to Play? in 24.57, as part of the 2012 120 Star TAS
- "SM64 [TAS] - Can the Eel Come Out to Play? [24"53]" by Bloopiero